2011 Ozone Catalyst Kite
2011 Ozone Catalyst
Ozone Catalyst >> Accelerate your kiting
Starting at $820.00
Information about the 2011 Ozone Catalyst Kitesurfing Kite
Catalyst is the choice for all-round riding because of its versatility and performance.
It can take a beginner safely from the first steps right through to ripping it up in all aspects of the sport.
At the same time it can satisfy and impress seasoned riders of all levels.
I personally choose to ride the Catalyst because I know I can depend on it to deliver the performance I want and need to ride to the level I desire.
It truly is a kite that can do it all no matter what riding I am doing.
I love to ride waves, the Catalyst is easy to ride even in those critical moments because the kite can float in the air as you cruise down the line or smash the lip.
It allows you to concentrate on the wave and not have to worry about perfect kite placement to keep it flying.
When the wind picks up boosting big is always fun and exciting, the Catalyst gets me up there and brings me down softly which is great for my beaten and broken body!
It can even handle unhooked riding if that is your thing!
However if it is just cruising with my friends then no matter how flat or choppy the water, I know it's going to be a pleasure to ride because of it's smooth forgiving nature and it's performance both up and down wind.
It really is the bomb, it's got smooth progressive handing, awesome de-power characteristics and has simple effective safety systems.
In short if you want a kite that delivers in all categories then the Catalyst is as much for you as it is for me.
- 45/50/54cm Bars
- 4 x 25m 500/300kg lines
- Large technical bag
- Kite Inner Bag
- Kite Leash
- Repair Pack
- Stickers, Key-ring
Catalyst Design & Performance Features
- New high volume inflate/deflate valve for quicker setup and pack down
- New tip line guard and leading edge ends
- New strut construction for improved canopy stability
- New Contact Water Control System
- Smoother handling
- 4-line pulley-less system (no pulleys, no problems)
- Easy on the bar back line re-launch
- Mega de-power range
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup
- Multiple trimming options for customized handling and bar pressure
- Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors
Catalyst Construction Features
- New internal reinforcements for improved durability
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- Teijin Techno Force sail material
- Dimension Polyant Dacron for the LE & Struts
- Double stitched bonded seams
- Dacron reinforced tip area for load distribution
- Reinforced leading edge and struts in high stress areas
- Reinforced trailing edge
- Light weight & low profile aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Unique bladder construction with double layer section in wear areas
- Ozone warranty and back-up service guaranteed
2011 Ozone Bar system features
- New Clam Cleat with 1 to 1 de-power
- Simplified bar system, with easily replaceable components
- Increased de-power throw range
- Lightly sanded EVA grip and ergonomic finger grip bumps give you the ultimate bar grip when wet
- New look larger foam floats
- New wider alloy central hole reducing friction
- Wear resistant PU trim line
- 100% flag out safety leash connection
- Below bar safety system allows the bar to spin without twisting up your leash
- Innovative high grade cast stainless Power Bracket, allowing for flawless flag-out safety system
- In line bar stopper ball for flag out safety system
- Legendary Megatron quick release chicken loop
- A wide mouth chicken loop for effortless unhooking and hooking back in
- Easily untangle your middle lines using the spinning handle
- A foolproof simple intuitive release and reload safety system
- A positive connection between the chickenloop and bar enables you to hook back in without taking your hands off the bar
- Expert riders leash connection ring
- Pre-stretched 500kg (front) and 300kg (back) lines
- The system exceeds all Kitesurf/Snowkiting loading and release EU NORM safety standards